Concern Worldwide, a company limited by guarantee and exempted from using the word "limited", Reg. No. 39647. Reg. Charity No. CHY 5745,
Registered in Ireland, Registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2.
Phone: +353 1 417 7700
Writing a will
Writing a will
Writing a will can be straightforward. Our guidelines will make the process a little easier.
You might be getting your first mortgage or maybe feel like it’s time to prepare for the future. Either way, you’ll find making a will a simple process.
To help you prepare for it, please refer to the following guidelines:
1. Find a solicitor - if you don't already use a solicitor, friends and family can often advise you on selecting one. Otherwise, you can find some online here.
2. Make a list of all your assets ie property, car, savings, insurance policies etc. and their approximate value
3. Make a list of all your liabilities ie mortgage, other loans, overdraft, credit cards etc.
4. Consider who you would like to look after your financial affairs (your executors) and ensure the selected persons would be willing to act in that role.
5. Consider how you would like your assets divided (bear in mind your obligations to people who are close to you).
6. Visit your solicitor to discuss your plans and to allow him/her to prepare your will. They should advise you in terms of the tax implications of leaving legacies to family, friends or charities.
7. If it is something you would like to do, please consider including a gift to Concern.
For more information about legacies please contact Kevin Byrne: [email protected] or phone ++ 353 1 417 7709.