Summer raffle 2012
Summer raffle 2012
Our 2012 raffle draw took place on Friday 22 June. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone who took part!
Each ticket sold raised vital funds which will be used to support people in the world’s poorest countries. This will make a lasting difference to the lives of the extremely poor and vulnerable.
- First place prize: £3,000 cash
- Second place: £1,000 cash
- Third place: 25 people will receive a £20 Marks and Spencer gift card
How it works
The summer raffle is open to residents of Northern Ireland only. Ring us on 01628 511705 and order your tickets. We’ll send them to you and you can sell them to your friends at £1 per ticket. Every pound you raise will support our life-saving work. It is that simple!
We work with farmer Epiphanie Mukamusoni in Rwanda as part of our livelihoods programme. Epiphanie is a widow and when we first met her she was struggling to provide for her only daughter and grandson. As part of our charity programme, Epiphanie received training, seeds, manure and equipment. Her harvest improved greatly, providing for her family and allowing her to sell a surplus at the local co-operative.
How does it feel to win? Brendan McDonnell from Newry won the first prize the year before last:
This was absolutely fantastic, I have just retired over a year ago and this will help enormously this Christmas!
Mandy Wright from Banbridge was a runner-up:
I never win anything and was so delighted to receive my M&S voucher. Many thanks, to a wonderful cause.
Terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of Northern Ireland only
- No ticket to be sold by or to anyone under the age of 16
- Any person under 16 who has bought a ticket will automatically forfeit the right to any prize
- Winners will be notified by post or telephone within two weeks
- Read about Concern’s policies on gambling
The raffle is licenced with Belfast City Council under the Betting, Gaming, Lotteries and Amusements act (Northern Ireland Order 1985).