Concern Worldwide, a company limited by guarantee, Registered Company Number: 39647, Registered Revenue Number: CHY 5745,
Registered Charity Number: 20009090, Registered in Ireland,
Registered address is 52 – 55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2.
Phone: +353 1 417 7700
Community Fundraising Executive
Community Fundraising Executive
To engage with and inspire people and local communities, maximising Concern’s fundraising potential from individuals and organisations in the east of Northern Ireland and Great Britain, and through Concern’s key sporting events.
- To be the primary relationship manager and manage all aspects of the London Marathon and London Triathlon, including marketing, recruitment, managing budgets and stewarding participants effectively to reach income targets.
- To further expand Concern’s domestic challenge and sporting event portfolio in 2018 and inspire the public to support Concern through own-place sporting and challenge events eg. Belfast Marathon, Lap the Lough, Climb for Concern etc.
- To market and develop the Do Your Thing campaign to generate and maximise income from individuals and organisations (churches, schools, clubs and societies fundraising).
- To recruit and steward third-party and FAST fundraisers in NI and GB, developing long-term relationships with community fundraisers and volunteers to maximise income.
- To successfully implement the Community Fundraising three-year strategy and annual operational plan through working collaboratively with colleagues and other teams to achieve monthly and annual objectives.
- To respond quickly and effectively during emergency appeals, using phone, print and online media, working closely with colleagues in the Community Fundraising Team, and other teams, to maximise appeal income.
- To achieve individual fundraising targets, and contribute to departmental income targets, by successfully managing and proactively developing community fundraising activities in Northern Ireland and GB, providing effective stewardship to generate and maximise income from these areas.
- To manage and report on the monthly income and expenditure budgets for agreed activities, including KPI reports and analysing financial performance.
- To represent Concern at public events, as required, ensuring a high standard of communication.
- To maintain excellent relations with internal Concern departments and teams, manage relations with external service providers and undertake additional duties, as required.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a fundraising or similar role i.e. sales and marketing (part time or full time)and Must have achieved a third level qualification OR have at least 3 years’ experience in a fundraising, sales or marketing role (part time or full time)
- Clear evidence of a track record of achievements in professional fundraising, sales, marketing and/or customer care activities.
- Planning, promoting and delivering campaigns/projects/events to achieve targets
- Proactive recruitment of and stewardship of new and existing individuals and organisations to generate and maximise long-term sustainable income
- Coordinating multiple on-going priorities, showing effective management of workload under pressure and using your own initiative
- Excellent communications skills to include:
- Strong presentation skills with experience of presenting to a variety of groups
- Excellent writing skills for print and on-line media
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage, lead and motivate people.
- Proven ability to work towards and achieve financial targets, including managing income and expenditure budgets, and analysing and evaluating financial performance.
- Having achieved a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as marketing, communications or business.
- Additional years’ voluntary sector experience and/or direct experience in managing a territory, project or area in a sales or fundraising role.
To apply - you will need to download the application pack: Application Pack
IF YOU ARE RETURNING YOUR APPLICATION FORM BY POST:
Please place this Monitoring Form (Section 6) in a separate envelope marked Monitoring Form and return with completed Sections 4 and 5 to:
The Monitoring Officer, Concern Worldwide, 47 Frederick Street, Belfast, BT1 2LW
This Monitoring Form (Section 6) will be kept separate from Sections 4 and 5 and kept confidential. It will only be used for monitoring purposes and will not be used or seen by the shortlisting or interview panel.
IF YOU ARE RETURNING YOUR APPLICATION FORM VIA OUR WEBSITE OR BY EMAIL:
NB Please return ALL pages as one document.
If you are returning your application via our web site, please upload your complete application document to the relevant job application section at www.concern.net. If you are returning your application by email, please send your complete application document to [email protected]. This Monitoring Form (Section 6) will be detached from Sections 4 and 5 and kept confidential. It will only be used for monitoring purposes and will not be used or seen by the shortlisting or interview panel.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 10:00AM Friday 23rd March 2018
(Or if posting - by first post on this date)
- Late applications will not be considered
- Applications that are not fully completed will not be considered
- CVs will not be considered
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 2nd April 2018*
*We would like to fill this role as soon as possible, therefore we may invite suitable candidates for interview before the closing date and close the advertApply