Concern Worldwide, a company limited by guarantee, Registered Company Number: 39647, Registered Revenue Number: CHY 5745,
Registered Charity Number: 20009090, Registered in Ireland,
Registered address is 52 – 55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2.
Phone: +353 1 417 7700
UK Community Fundraising Manager
UK Community Fundraising Manager
To lead the Community Fundraising team to maximise income and support for Concern Worldwide (UK) from local communities in Northern Ireland and throughout the UK. Community fundraising is a vital element of our fundraising strategy. It has been identified as a key potential growth area in the period of our new strategic plan where the focus will be on increasing our visibility and activism in the community. Our Community Fundraising priorities include strengthening our existing groups and volunteers, developing new groups and inspiring both individuals and organisations to support Concern through our events and campaigns, such as the London Marathon, Do Your Thing and the Concern Fast, in order to increase our community fundraising income.
- To lead the Community Fundraising team in delivering the new community fundraising strategic plan and budgets, and to maximise engagement from local communities with a particular focus on expanding community support in Northern Ireland
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the overall UK strategic plan and fundraising strategy
Delivery and Implementation
- To manage the development and delivery of individual operational plans set against agreed targets, including monitoring, evaluation and reporting, as required
- To develop and grow the Concern support group network through delivery of excellent stewardship, the establishment of new groups and the recruitment of local supporters
- To project manage, market and maximise income from UK-wide community fundraising campaigns including the Concern Fast, ‘Do Your Thing’, the London Marathon, etc.
- To ensure the community engagement programme and fundraising activities are communicated widely in the press, media and digital platforms in order to maximise support
- To produce regular financial and key performance indicator reports on Community Fundraising
- To provide regular analysis and reports on budgets, activities, trends, the external fundraising environment and activity within the community sector
- To manage the Community Fundraising team and liaise with other departments to ensure the successful implementation of coordinated fundraising plans
- To manage and support the implementation of individual operational plans and ensure delivery of excellent stewardship to local community groups and individuals
- To support the Northern Ireland Director in the management of the Belfast office, as required
- To coordinate with fundraising teams in the UK and ROI and other departments, sharing skills, knowledge and information, where applicable
- To represent Concern on groups, networks and at events in Northern Ireland and across the UK, as required
- To undertake other project work, as required from time to time
- Must have achieved a third level qualification in a relevant subject AND 4 years fundraising experience, of which at least 2 years have been in community fundraising. OR Must have 5 years fundraising experience of which at least 3 years have been in community fundraising
- Must have a demonstrable track record of at least 2 years in team management, leading and motivating fundraising staff and volunteer teams to successfully deliver results
- Demonstrable track record of achievements in professional fundraising, including:
- Planning and delivery of campaigns/events, including coordinating multiple ongoing projects
- Experience of creative, print production, direct marketing and online marketing
- Ability to effectively manage workloads, at times under pressure, and on own initiative without close supervision
- Ability to work to financial targets, manage income and expenditure budgets, and analyse and evaluate financial performance
- Excellent communications skills to include strong presentation skills with experience of presenting to a variety of groups, excellent writing skills, and strong interpersonal skills to lead and motivate volunteers and fundraisers to support a vibrant fundraising team
Concern will shortlist only those candidates who appear, from the information provided, to meet the essential requirements of this post, and may, in some circumstances, rely on enhanced criteria for shortlisting purposes.
Enhanced criteria will be based on additional years’ experience, direct experience in community fundraising and experience in team management. So, for example, if a high number of candidates meet the minimum shortlisting criteria, those who can demonstrate the enhanced criteria will be shortlisted.
To apply - you will need to download the application pack: Application Pack
IF YOU ARE RETURNING YOUR APPLICATION FORM BY EMAIL OR VIA OUR WEB SITE:
NB Please return ALL pages as one document.
If you are returning your application by email, please send your complete application document to [email protected]. If you are returning your application via our web site, please upload your complete application document to the relevant job application page on our website at: www.concern.net This Monitoring Form (Section 6) will be detached from Sections 4 and 5 and kept confidential. It will only be used for monitoring purposes and will not be used or seen by the shortlisting or interview panel.
IF YOU ARE RETURNING YOUR APPLICATION FORM BY POST:
Please place this Monitoring Form (Section 6) in a separate envelope marked Monitoring Form and return with completed Sections 4 and 5 to:
The Monitoring Officer, Concern Worldwide, 47 Frederick Street, Belfast, BT1 2LW
This Monitoring Form (Section 6) will be kept separate from Sections 4 and 5 and kept confidential. It will only be used for monitoring purposes and will not be used or seen by the short-listing or interview panel.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12.00 noon on Thursday 22nd March 2018
- Late applications will not be considered
- Applications that are not fully completed will not be considered
- CVs will not be considered
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 28th March 2018