Read our 2019 annual report
Concern Worldwide Policy Statement
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
A world where no-one lives in poverty, fear or oppression; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities and choices essential to a long, healthy and creative life; a world where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without ongoing support from Concern.
To achieve this mission, we engage in long term development work, build resilience, respond to emergency situations, and seek to address the root causes of poverty through our development education and advocacy work.
Our Core Values
Built on our history and the voluntary, compassionate commitment of Concern’s founders:
We focus on extreme poverty: We are driven by a clear focus on eliminating poverty in the most vulnerable places and responding to humanitarian crises. We believe in equality: People are equal in rights and must be treated with respect and dignity.
- We listen: Listening and partnership are key to empowering the poorest and most vulnerable to transform their own lives.
- We respond rapidly: People affected by disasters are entitled to have their most basic needs met through rapid, effective, and principled responses.
- We are courageous: Taking necessary risks, balanced with sound judgement, allows us to work in the most challenging contexts.
- We are committed: Going the extra mile to support communities in times of need and in the face of very difficult operating environments.
- We are innovative: Finding effective solutions requires innovative thinking combined with a pragmatic approach.
- We are accountable: Accountability and transparency are central to all of our actions and use of resources.
Concern Worldwide Policy Statement 2015|PDF(424 KB)