Read our 2021 annual report
Men's engagement for improving mother and child nutrition in Chad
Men's engagement for improving mother and child nutrition, Sila Province, Chad.
The Irish Global Health Network Conference was held on 26th and 27th October 2022.
Concern in Chad presented the project 'Men's Engagement for Improving Mother and Child Nutrition, Sila Province, Chad' at the conference.
The poster outlines the main aspects of the project which was part of a 5-year multisector project funded by Irish Aid in Sila Province. Concern committed to improve health and nutrition outcomes. The project has embraced a gender transformative approach aimed at engaging men as equitable and supportive partners, fathers and caregivers.
The main results of the programme were:
- Increased community awareness relating to the conditions of women and girls
- Growing interest of men to take part in household activities
- Commitments to improve women's conditions
- More men accompanying women & children to the health centre
- Women over time are increasingly consulted in household decisions for health-related spending
Visit the Irish Global Health Network Conference 2022 page on the Irish Global Health Network website!
This publication covers aid activities implemented with the financial assistance of Irish Aid. The ideas, opinions and comments herein are entirely the responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent or reflect the policies of Irish Aid.