We (i) Concern Worldwide, a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (company number 39647) which has been granted Charitable Status (charity number CHY5745), with its registered office at 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland; and/or (ii) Concern Charity Trading Limited, a company limited by guarantee, registered in Ireland (company number 334436) with its registered offices at 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2 ( all together “Concern”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.concern.net you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 as amended (the Acts), the data controller is the entity defined as Concern as defined above and having that address as defined above.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you, when you enquire about our activities, filling in forms on our site www.concern.net (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise provide us with personal data. This includes information you provide when you make a donation through the site, you use any of the site’s interactive functionality enabling you to offer to fundraise with us, show solidarity with us, campaign with us, take part in an event, take part in a debate, offer to sell raffle tickets, you enter a competition promotion or survey through our site, you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, request information about us or what we do, or make a complaint through the site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, second name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial and credit card and debit card information, comments and personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may receive information from a service provider contracted by us to carry out remarketing which involves displaying our advertisements on other sites and in that context may receive information in relation to your browsing of those advertisements on those other sites. See our cookies policy for more details on this.
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to create an account for you if you register with us as a donor or if you wish to receive information about our activities;
- to further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer or donor being one where there has been a transaction within the 12 months prior to the call, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction you. If you are a new customer or donor, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our site is represented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; for example we may help you complete forms by inserting your contact details for you to edit;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our site by providing you with the most user friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other device (SPCC) and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- With IP addresses to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits to the site from different countries.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). Where relevant, we may also asses your personal data for the purposes of fraud and credit risk reduction. If you enter your contact details in one of our online registration forms, we may use information to contact you even if you do not send or submit the form. We will only do this, if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Companies Act 1963 as amended from time to time or its equivalent in the Companies Act 2014, when it is commenced.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any Concern entity or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any of the Concern entities, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Concern will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Subject to the previous paragraph, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Data Protection Officer, Concern Worldwide 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland or email@example.com .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to be given a copy of your personal data which you may have supplied to us via the Site. To exercise this right, you must make your request in writing, post it and send it to our address as specified below and include with the request, a copy of your passport, a copy utility bill which will verify your address and enclose a fee of Euro 6.35. A request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.
You also have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected. If you discover that we hold inaccurate personal data about you, you have a right to instruct us to correct that information. Such an instruction must be in writing and will not take more than 40 days to process.
In certain circumstances you may also request that personal data which you have supplied via the Site be deleted, if we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining the personal data. We are not entitled to charge for dealing with such a request and we must comply within 40 days of the receipt of such a request. To exercise this right you would generally be expected to identify some contravention of data protection law in the manner in which the Site processes the personal data concerned.
Changes to our privacy statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Concern Worldwide, 52/55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.