Read our 2021 annual report
Nothing Kills Like Hunger
Speak Act Do is Concern’s school programme to support teachers and students in taking action on some of the defining issues of our time - Climate Change, Conflict, Inequality, Poverty and Hunger.
It is a six to eight week programme that works whatever the location or context of the school. It is designed to be flexible, led by the school and supported by the Concern schools team. It can be ran independently or embedded into CSPE, TY modules or Politics and Society.
On this page, you will find all the resources and information that you need to get start.
Find out more
Speak Act Do 2022-23
Based on feedback from teachers, we have some exciting updates to Speak Act Do:
- You can sign up and start the programme at any point in the year
- It is a six to eight week programme which can be ran at a time of your choosing over the school year. It can also be expanded into a year long programme if you wish!
- We are hosting student kick off event on 30th September
- There will be a chance to win prizes for best project and most innovative project for schools that submit their projects
- Groups will be invited to record a podcast as part of their experience taking part in the programme
- We have developed *brand new* resources to support you to run Speak Act Do with your group
Agents of Change
Showcase your project at our end of year celebration event, Agents of Change! This year it is taking place on 10th May at Smock Alley Theatre, Dublin.
During the day students will have a chance to take part in activities with students from other schools, present their projects and learn more about the issues they have been exploring! Prizes will also be given out for best Speak Act Do project and most creative Speak Act Do project.
Express your interest in the event today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our dedicated resource pack for running Speak Act Do in your school. This is aimed at teachers, but it can also be used by young people who are taking part in the programme too!
Some Handy Links
Looking for information about communities that Concern are working with? Do you want to find out more about the world you live in?
Check out our news and stories pages for more information.
We also have a dedicated Trello Board full of resources and information which is curated specifically for those doing Speak Act Do! It is updated on a regular basis so keep checking for new information.
Find videos and stories from the communities that we are working with on our YouTube channel.