Below are the motions for the 2019 / 2020 academic year, which should give you a taste of the wide variety of topics our debates cover.
- Homework is a waste of time for primary school students
- Primary school students should be banned from using a mobile phone
- World hunger will be eliminated by 2030
- Young people should be allowed to vote at 16
- We are not doing enough to end food waste
- Young people of Ireland care little for the developing world
- Social media is a force for good in the world
Unsure how to get your team started and what adjudicators will be looking for? Use our handy training video in conjunction with the marking sheet to help students understand the rules and regulations while also learning how to form a speech.